We take privacy very seriously. This section explains what information we collect and how we store it and protect it, and when and how we share it. You should read this policy in conjunction with our terms and conditions.
By using our web application, you agree that we can collect, transfer, store, disclose, and use information as described in this policy.
Your continued use of the website UsToo.ca and our services constitute your acceptance of this Policy and any updates thereto.
We are very conscious of your right to privacy regarding the information you supply to us. At UsToo, our policy is to use the information exclusively to provide you with our services, and nothing else.
This policy covers personal information you provide or that we collect about you, the user. Personal information means anything about an identifiable individual, including your name, address, telephone number, date of birth, e-mail address, etc.
Where does my information go?
We use Amazon Web Services (AWS). As of April 2018, AWS operates 1.4 million servers across the world. You submit your data to us through Google Forms. We also do some work in Montreal, Canada, but this should never involve any information that could identify you.
By using our web application, you agree to the transfer of your personal information to, and the storage and processing of your information in, the country where our servers are located.
What information is collected and how?
We only collect the information you provide to us, and we make it clear why we are asking for it. When you submit a report, or make a purchase, you will likely be sharing some or all of the following information:
- Your e-mail address
- The name of your aggressor
- Your name
- Your credit card information
We may record usage data to better understand how people use our web application and to improve its functionality. This may include your IP address, browser type, the referring domain, pages visited, access times, your mobile carrier, and the search terms you use.
We may collect device information about how you accessed our web application to better understand how people use our web application and to improve its functionality. This may include the unique device identifier, device model, operating system, and MAC address.
How is my information used?
Your information may be used to:
- Contact you with information about the web application, including updates or changes.
- Conduct research and analysis on how you use the web application.
- Investigate fraud, protect our legal rights, and enforce the terms and conditions of use.
When will my information be disclosed to someone else?
We do not disclose your information except under a set of limited circumstances:
- With your consent, such as when you use a third party web client or application to access our web application.
- To service providers in order to facilitate the operation of our web application.
- In cooperation with third parties seeking to enforce their legal rights, such as their intellectual property rights. We will retain and disclose your information when we believe, in good faith, that doing so is required of us by relevant laws or authorities, to protect the safety of any person, to address fraud or security issues, to address technical issues, or to protect our own rights.
- If we go bankrupt, are sold, reorganized, or merge with or are acquired by another company, your information may be sold or transferred as part of that transaction. Our Charter states that should we go bankrupt, we will transfer everything to an organization with a similar goal.
- Some of your information that is not of a private or personal nature may be disclosed to third parties for analysis or to deliver targeted advertising.
- We may disclose your information to a third party if (a) we believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, (b) to enforce our agreements, policies and Terms of Service, (c) to protect the security or integrity of UsToo (d) to protect UsToo, our users or the public from harm or illegal activities, (e) to respond to an emergency which we believe in good faith requires us to disclose information to assist in preventing the death or serious bodily injury of any person or (f) to any other third party with your prior consent.
What information will be publicly viewable?
None of your information will ever be publicly disclosed by us unless we have your clear and express consent to do so, with the exception of where we are required or compelled to do so by law. After you have matched with other users, you may share some information yourself. For your own protection, and as a common sense precaution, we advise users to begin by speaking over the phone or meeting in a public space. We endeavour to keep the fact that you used our service out of search engine results and other public spaces, but we cannot make any guarantees.
What if I want to change my information?
We do not retain your personal information for any significant period of time. Some data is retained to analyze aspects of sexual assault and harassment, but this is not connected to your identity.
We are not responsible for any information that you shared with third parties through the encrypted e-mail service we provide.
This policy looks different than I remember, what gives?
We may revise this policy from time to time, to reflect changes in the law or in our operational needs. If a change to this policy is material to you, you will be notified.
How is my information stored and protected?
We take reasonable security measures to protect you and your information. This includes measures to protect your information against loss, theft, misuse, unauthorized access, or unauthorized disclosure.
We cannot guarantee that there will never be unauthorized access, hacking, or other breaches. No website is ever 100% secure.
We are also aware that, due to the nature of our services, some people may try to access it in order to attack or harass you. We strictly enforce policies on employee conduct. You can also take certain steps to increase your security:
- Do not share your report with anyone other than licensed professionals.
- Meet with a licensed professional shared by other survivors you have matched with before talking to those other survivors directly.
- Do not give out personal identifying information to people you do not know or trust.
WE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WITH RESPECT TO ANY BREACHES OF SECURITY, DAMAGE TO YOUR DEVICE, OR ANY LOSS OR UNAUTHORIZED USE OF YOUR REGISTRATION INFORMATION OR OTHER DATA.
What legal rights do I have?
We are incorporated in Canada. We are therefore subject to the following laws:
The Canada Not-For-Profit Corporations Act, SC 2009, c 23
The Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act, SC 2000 C. 5.
These laws provide you with various legal rights, and impose obligations on us. The big ones are the following:
- We must identify the reason we are collecting information before or when we collect it.
- We may not communicate that information to third parties or use it for purposes inconsistent with the objective for which it was collected.
- We may not deny you access to your information, except where there is a serious or legitimate reason to do so or the information may seriously injure someone else.
- We must take reasonable security measures to protect your personal information.
If you request access to your information, we will respond to your request within 30 business days. There is no cost for reasonable requests unless you require copies of records. We may not be able to provide some information where it might incidentally disclose the information of others.
More information about your privacy rights can be found here.
Links to Third Party Websites
We may place links on UsToo. When you click on a link to a third party website from our website, your activity and use on the linked website is governed by that website’s policies, not by those of UsToo. We encourage you to visit their websites and review their privacy and user policies.
How can I contact someone at Us Too to get more information or assistance?
When you contact us, please include your full name, username, and indicate how best to reach you. Our contact information is indicated below:
This policy is current as of 8 May 2018