What is this Policy about?
We take privacy very seriously. This section explains what information we collect and how we store it and protect it, and when and how we share it. We have done our best to make this Policy as easy to understand as possible. If you find a section difficult to understand, please let us know which part and why. You should read this policy in conjunction with our waiver of liability.
How does this Policy work, generally?
We are very conscious of your right to privacy regarding the information you supply to us. At Online Nurse, our policy is to do our best to use the information to provide you with our services, and nothing else.
By using our service, you agree that we can collect, transfer, store, disclose, and use information as described in this Policy.
Your continued use of this website and our services, constitute your acceptance of this Policy and any updates thereto.
This Policy covers personal information you provide or that we collect about you, the user. Personal information means anything about an identifiable individual, including your name, address, telephone number, date of birth, e-mail address, etc.
What information is collected and how?
We only collect the information you provide to us, and we make it clear why we are asking for it. When you submit a report, or make a purchase, you will likely be sharing some or all of the following information:
- Your e-mail address
- The name of your aggressor
- Your name
- Your credit card information
We may record usage data to better understand how people use our service and to improve its functionality. This may include your IP address, browser type, the referring domain, pages visited, access times, your mobile carrier, and the search terms you use.
We may collect device information about how you accessed our service to better understand how people use our service and to improve its functionality. This may include the unique device identifier, device model, operating system, and MAC address.
Where does my information go?
We use Amazon Web Services (AWS). As of April 2018, AWS operates 1.4 million servers across the world. You submit your data to us through Google Forms. We also do some work in Montreal, Canada, but this should never involve any information that could identify you.
By using our service, you agree to the transfer of your personal information to, and the storage and processing of your information in, the country where our servers are located.
How is my information used?
Your information may be used to:
- Contact you with information about the web application, including updates or changes.
- Conduct research and analysis on how you use the web application.
- Investigate fraud, protect our legal rights, and enforce the terms and conditions of use.
When will my information be disclosed to someone else?
We do not disclose your information except under a set of limited circumstances:
- To service providers in order to facilitate the operation of our service.
- With your consent, such as when you use a third party web client or application to access our web application.
- In cooperation with third parties seeking to enforce their legal rights, such as their intellectual property rights. We will retain and disclose your information when we believe, in good faith, that doing so is required of us by relevant laws or authorities, to protect the safety of any person, to address fraud or security issues, to address technical issues, or to protect our own rights.
- If we go bankrupt, are sold, reorganized, or merge with or are acquired by another company, your information may be sold or transferred as part of that transaction. Should we go bankrupt, we will transfer everything to a legal entity with a similar goal.
- Some of your information that is not of a private or personal nature may be disclosed to third parties for analysis or to deliver targeted advertising.
- We may disclose your information to a third party if (a) we believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, (b) to enforce our agreements, policies and Terms of Service, (c) to protect the security or integrity of Online Nurse (d) to protect Online Nurse, our users or the public from harm or illegal activities, (e) to respond to an emergency which we believe in good faith requires us to disclose information to assist in preventing the death or serious bodily injury of any person or (f) to any other third party with your prior consent.
What information will be publicly viewable?
Aggregate data and trend findings without personal identifying details will be shared to help us help our users. None of your identifying information will ever be publicly disclosed by us unless we have your clear and express consent to do so, with the exception of where we are required or compelled to do so by law.
We endeavour to keep the existence of your account out of search engine results and other public spaces, but we cannot make any guarantees.
What if I want to change my information?
We do not retain your personal information for any significant period of time. Some data is retained to analyze aspects of sexual assault, harassment and abuse.
We are not responsible for any information that you shared with third parties through any means.
How is my information stored and protected?
We take reasonable security measures to protect you and your information. This includes measures to protect your information against loss, theft, misuse, unauthorized access, or unauthorized disclosure.
We cannot guarantee that there will never be unauthorized access, hacking, or other breaches. No website is ever 100% secure.
We are also aware that, due to the nature of our services, some people may try to access it in order to attack or harass you. We strictly enforce policies on employee conduct. You can also take certain steps to increase your security:
- Do not share your report with anyone other than licensed professionals.
- Meet with a license professional shared by other survivors you have matched with before talking to those other survivors directly.
- Do not give out personal identifying information to people you do not know or trust.
WE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WITH RESPECT TO ANY BREACHES OF SECURITY, DAMAGE TO YOUR DEVICE, OR ANY LOSS OR UNAUTHORIZED USE OF YOUR REGISTRATION INFORMATION OR OTHER DATA.
What legal rights do I have?
Online Nurse/UsToo Care operates as a sole proprietorship incorporated in Quebec, Canada. The following laws apply:
- The Civil Code of Quebec
- The Act respecting the protection of personal information in the private sector
Online Nurse may send its data to a third party affiliate for data analytics.
These laws provide you with various legal rights, and impose obligations on us. The big ones are the following:
- We must identify the reason we are collecting information before or when we collect it.
- We may not communicate that information to third parties or use it for purposes inconsistent with the objective for which it was collected.
- We may not deny you access to your information, except where there is a serious or legitimate reason to do so or the information may seriously injure someone else.
- We must take reasonable security measures to protect your personal information.
- If you request access to your information, we will respond to your request within 30 business days. There is no cost for reasonable requests unless you require copies of records. We may not be able to provide some information where it might incidentally disclose the information of others.
More information about your privacy rights can be found here.
Does this Policy apply to other websites I go to from yours?
We may place links on Online Nurse. When you click on a link to a third party website from our website, your activity and use on the linked website is governed by that website’s policies, not by those of Online Nurse. We encourage you to visit their websites and review their privacy and user policies.
This policy looks different than I remember, what gives?
We may revise this Policy from time to time, to reflect changes in the law or in our operational needs. If a change to this policy is material to you, you will be notified.
How can I contact someone at Online Nurse to get more information or assistance?
When you contact us, please include your full name, username, and indicate how best to reach you. Our contact information is indicated below:
This Policy was last updated 21 October 2018.